Automatically activates gate operators “Hands-Free” when a vehicle approaches. Designed for residential, agricultural, and commercial applications. Easy to install. Avoid the headaches associated with installing exit and entry loop detector systems, installs in 1/3 the time.
The exit wand is an electromagnetic sensor that detects metal mass in motion providing a 12 foot radius of detection that allows hands free exit from automatic gate operators. The sensitivity of the wand is adjustable for individual requirements. The GTO Exit Wand is designed for residential, agricultural and commercial applications and comes with various lengths. It is compatible with most automatic gate operators utilizing single and dual gates. The GTO Exit Wand has very low power consumption with a wide input voltage range that makes it ideal for battery applications. It is designed to reject line noise of 50 Hz or 60 Hz to improve its detection compatibilities near power lines.
STANDARD FEATURES - DRIVEWAY WAND SENSOR
• Electromagnetic sensor detects vehicles-in-motion.
• Relay latch time of 2 seconds.
• Compatible with all automatic gate operators, or other systems requiring a dry contact input device.
• Potentiometer board adjusts sensitivity from 3 to 12 foot radius to accommodate many applications and situations.
• Ideal for solar application, 1.5 mA current consumption.
• Wide input voltage range (8-32 vAC or 8-26 vDC).
• Designed to reject line noise of 50Hz or 60Hz; improves detection capability near power lines and avoids crosstalk frequency issues.
• Dimensions: 1.75” (44.5 mm) diameter x 16.75” (425.4mm) long.
• May not be used as a safety device.
• No drive over loads to get damaged or fail, common with loop detector systems.
The EXIT WAND is designed with some of the most advanced technology available. In layman’s terms, the wand detects a change in the earths magnetic field caused by a mass of metal in motion and automatically opens your gate. The range adjustment potentiometer (POT) that connects to the control box provides you with the ability to increase or decrease the wand’s sensitivity range.
If a metal object is placed directly above the wand (with little motion) it may cause the wand to activate, thus opening your gate. For this reason we do not recommend the EXIT WAND in environments exposed to children.