Safety Photo Beams For Gate Openers
- The Mighty Mule photo eyes are a valuable safety feature that will keep the gate from closing when any obstruction is in the path of the photoelectric beam.
- The photo eyes use Dual Beam and Through Beam technology, which are more reliable than reflective beams because they do not allow sunlight to create a false reading
The photo eyes need to be direct wired into the gate opener's circuit board with low voltage wire. We recommend using 16 gauge, multi-stranded, dual conductor, low voltage wire for all gate opener installations.
The GTO / PRO Photoelectric Dual Beam Detector uses dual beam and through beam technology to reduce false detections when detecting obstructions. When the beams detect the presence of a moving object, the detection will cause the gate(s) to stop and reverse to the fully open position. As long as the beam is obstructed the gate(s) will remain open. Not compatible with solar powered gate operators.
• The GTO Photo Beams provide a “non-contact” means of entrapment protection. Consult your
GTO/PRO Distributor and refer to the installation manual of your GTO Gate Operator system further
information regarding placement and requirements of photo beams.
• Range of 30 ft. (9.1 m) between sender and receiver.
• Easy to install and works with any brand of operator.
• More reliable than retro reflective photo beam systems.
• Normally open or normally closed wiring options.
• L.E.D.’s for quick alignment and troubleshooting.
• Voltage ranges: 8 to 26 Volts DC or AC.
• Recommend 16 gauge multi-stranded wire (RB509).
• Universal mounting to any solid surface.