The AM-SEK Serial to Ethernet Adapter Kit provides a standard network TCP/IP connection for Linear s AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus access controllers. The module can be used as an alternative to a traditional telephone modem typically used for remote access to Plus panel controllers.
The converter module connects between the Plus panel s RS-232 Serial port and the installation s network. Access to the network can be through a Local Area Network (LAN) or directly to a Wide Area Network (WAN). Typically the module is connected to a port on a router located on the installation s LAN.
In Plus panel networks, with multiple panels interconnected via RS-485 wiring, the module connects to Node #1 of an AXNET network, or Node #1 of any AB2000 network.
For easy configuration and setup, a Windows® based software utility is included on the installation CD. The utility software is used for setting the module s IP address and the computers virtual COM port. The utility software is compatible with Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7®.
Note: LIN-501C Module is only available in the AM-SEK Kit and is not sold separately.
- Serial to Ethernet Kit developed for Linear s AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus panels
- Remotely connect, control, program, manage, and monitor access panels over existing LAN and/or the Internet
- Offers an alternative to direct RS-232 serial connection to Node 1 of AB2000 and AXNET networks
- IP address and virtual COM port are easy to configure using Windows® based utility software
- 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet full duplex auto negotiation
- Serial connection speed 38.4 Kbps
- Housed in metal case with DIN-rail and wall-mounting tabs
- 15 kV ESD protection for serial port
- Order Number: ACP00964