Low Voltage Swing Gate Operators designed specifically for rural farm and ranch style applications. The Mighty Mule 352 gate operator system is designed for medium weight double gates. Unlike most Mighty Mule operators, the Mighty Mule 352 uses a 12V automobile or marine battery (not supplied). It also has no control box, the control board is mounted in the operator housing. This versatile Mighty Mule gate operator system is ideal for medium weight tubular steel, vinyl, wood, or chain link double gates. Can be powered by either a low voltage transformer or solar charger.
- Designed for gates up to 16 ft (4.9m) long or 550 lbs (249.5kg) each leaf
- AC or Solar powered to meet the needs of 100% of the market
- Designed for optimum solar performance with 5 Watt solar panel
- Works with an automotive or marine battery (not included) which optimizes performance in cold weather
- FM352 Mighty Mule Kit Includes:
- One master opener for dual gate
- One slave opener for dual gate
- One entry transmitter
- Installation hardware
- 10 ft. battery harness
- Installation manual (English & Spanish)
- Plug-in transformer
- Installation video
2 Warning signs
The Mighty Mule 352 E-Z Gate Opener is designed for installation on a pull-to-open dual gate leafs (gates that open into the property). By purchasing an accessory bracket (FM148), the Mighty Mule® 352 E-Z Gate Opener can accommodate a push-to-open dual gate leafs (gates that open out from the property). The gates must not exceed 8 feet and 550 pounds or exceed 16 feet and 150 pounds (please see Technical Specifications on page 10). The Mighty Mule 352 EZ Gate Opener can be used on vinyl, aluminum, chain link, farm tube, and wrought iron gates.
The Mighty Mule 352 E-Z Gate Opener accommodates extra transmitters, digital keypads, solar panels, push buttons, automatic gate locks, and other access control products. These optional accessories (see the enclosed Mighty Mule Accessory Catalog) are available at most stores. Your store should be able to special order any accessory not in stock.
The Mighty Mule 352 E-Z Gate Opener features adjustable obstruction sensing. This safety feature makes the gate stop and reverse direction within 2 seconds when it comes in contact with an obstruction. MIN is the factory setting; meaning the gate will exert the minimum force on an obstruction before it stops and reverses direction.
The Mighty Mule 352 E-Z Gate Opener also has an adjustable auto-close feature. After the gate reaches the fully open position, it can be set to remain open up to 120 seconds before automatically closing. Pressing the transmitter button at any time after the gate opens fully will cause it to close
immediately. OFF is the factory setting; meaning the gate will stay open until you press the transmitter (or keypad, etc.) again.
- Low friction screw drive (linear actuator) rated for -5º F (-28º C) to +160ºF (+71ºC)
- Powered by reliable 12 volt DC motor with integral case hardened steel gear reducer. Motor speed reduced to 260 rpm. Generates 520 inch lb. of torque at 12V.
- Maximum opening arc of 110º.
- Approximate opening time (90º) is 18 seconds, depending on weight of gate.
- The Mighty Mule 352 system is powered by a 12VDC automobile or marine battery (not supplied). A weatherproof battery box is required, can be found in most hardware, automotive, marine, or home centers.
- Battery charge maintained by a 120VAC, 18VAC output transformer (rectified to 14.5VDC (40VA) through the control board or by optional GTO solar panels (the panel should generate minimum of 5W at 300mA). A diode on the control board prevents battery discharge.
IMPORTANT: Never use both transformer and solar panel - this will damage the battery and control board.
- One (1) blade-style control board fuse is rated for 15A.
NOTE: The transformer should not be directly connected to any battery. Do not replace fuses with higher ampere rated fuses; doing so will void your warranty and may damage your control board.
- Battery Heater recommended for zones where temperatures drop below freezing for extended periods of time to prevent cold weather discharge.
- GTO microprocessor-based control board is set for single leaf, pull-to-open gate installations. DIP switches can be adjusted to accommodate an optional kit for push-to-open gates (FM148).
- Control board has temperature compensated circuits.
- A circuit on the control board regulates charging. "Sleep draw is 25mA; "active draw" is 2 to 5A.
- Auto-memorization of digital transmitter code.
- GTO remote-mounted RF receiver tuned at 318 MHz.
- Opener length with push-pull tube fully retracted is 37-1/4", mounting point to mounting point.
- Adjustable auto-close timer (OFF to 120 seconds), and obstruction sensitivity.
- Power terminal block accommodates a transformer or solar panels
- DIP switches simplify setup of gate opener.
- Accessory terminal block fully compatible with all Mighty Mule access controls.
- Control board allows connection of safety edge sensors and photoelectric sensors.
- Audio entrapment alarm sounds if unit encounters an obstruction twice while opening or closing